Technology offers all sorts of new opportunities for spatial planning and quality of life, but you have to know them. To bring together supply and demand and share knowledge, we offer municipalities and tech companies the opportunity to pitch their smart city challenge or solution during the Dutch Future City Conference on 19 September 2018 in Utrecht (the Netherlands) for an audience of more than 250 planning professionals, data experts and tech companies. This is how we move on together.
What kind of pitches are we looking for?
- Concrete smart city challenges that municipalities or provinces run into
- Successful smart city projects or experiences of local authorities that are also interesting for other municipalities or provinces
- Innovative smart city business ideas from smart entrepreneurs, app builders or other tech professionals
What do we offer?
- 4 minutes in the spotlight
- Meet & Greet: after the pitch, pitchers get their own stand in the main room
- A direct reach of 250 spatial professionals, data experts and techs
- Free access to the Dutch Future City Conference 2018 on 19 September 2018 in Utrecht (the Netherlands)
What can the pitches be about?
We sort the pitches according to the following themes, using the Smart City NL Strategy. We interpret this broadly, so there is room for all innovative ideas and complicated questions.
- Circular economy (efficient use of raw materials, recycling of waste, sharing economy)
- Mobility (improved traffic flow, last mile solutions)
- Energy (smart grids, decentralized energy)
- Urban development and built environment (spatial planning, planning)
- Health and well-being (virtual patient, aging)
- Safety / quality of life (on the street and online, environment)
- Water resistance (climate adaptation, resilience, green roofs)
There will be 18 pitches, registration is free and can be done until July 19, 2018. If there are too many registrations, we will make a selection. Pitches can be given in Dutch or English.
We are working on composition of the program of the conference. It consists of three blocks:
1) How do we design the smart city?
2) how do we manage the smart city?
3) how do we regulate the smart city.
During each block there is room for a number of pitches on the main stage. After that, all pitches will get a stand to meet the conference visitors. Look here for more info.
Do you want more information? Please contact us.